In the world of media, the most important thing to a radio or TV shock jock is the ratings book. In Beck’s case, since he brings in almost ZERO net advertising revenue due to the Beck boycott, this is critically important because the only rationale for keeping him around is that he holds people from the previous show to the next show. If this is falling apart, so is Glenn.
As reported earlier, Glenn lost almost a 3rd of his demographic compared to October 2009 even in an election year. This means that his attacks on progressives, Pelosi, Obama, and MSNBC are not holding his audience. Sooner or later one of his crackpot lunatic conspiracies has to come true or even the faithful will start to fade away. Since this shtick is failing, time to bring out the Big Guns… an all-out blitzkrieg smear campaign against George Soros.
Glenn Beck has spent most of this week attempting to link George Soros, Hungarian-American philanthropist, with the following evil, James Bondish conspiracy plot. The 5 point plot follows below.
Glenn Beck appeared on Bill O’Reilly’s show on Friday to explain and discuss this plot, which is according to Beck the most dangerous threat facing America today. The video is below with my comments.
1. Establishing a shadow government that REALLY controls the US and this conspiracy goes back to Students for a Democratic Society. (wow) Also Bill Ayers (Weather Underground & university professor), and the Open Society Institute, a philanthropic worldwide organization that promotes democracy, education, and health. Also included in this shadow control are MediaMatters (LOL) and Huffington Post (ROFL… Roy Secroft can’t even tie his own shoes without drooling on them). Beck never says how this shadow government controls anything. Seriously, Glenn. What agencies are they going to control? Name them, name who is control and what they are doing that can even remotely be construed as “taking control of the US government”. If you mean governing, i.e., making decisions about public policy, such as auto safety, clean air, military spending, and so on, that’s what we pay them to do.
2. Controlling the airwaves… somehow Beck thinks that helping fund NPR is “controlling” the airwaves. Holy Tabernacle of Mornoni, BatBoy! Clear Channel, Sinclair, and Fox News Corporation control the airwaves. Everyone knows that, don’t they? Doesn’t Glenn know that? How could he NOT know that? He’s been in broadcasting for 25 years.
Killing NPR has been one of the right-wing mantras since the Newt Gingrich “Contract With America” Congress came to town. What they did was they threatened to de-fund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting unless they became more “fair and balanced” to the GOP. Sometimes there IS no balance, there’s just the simple fact that the GOP is stealing us blind. The result of Gingrich’s threat was that Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s media outlets, NPR and PBS, took a sharp turn to the right. They supported the invasion of Iraq, for example, by under-reporting or ignoring the factual stories that went contrary to the Bush Administration. Reminder to CPB: if you don’t do it, who will?
I got curious about the actual state of the media so I did a little more research. I found a nifty page done as a project for a college class and I thought you might find it interesting. I tried to contact the author of the page, but she must have graduated. She admits that the page is incomplete, and I was trying to find out if she would consider spending a bit more time to update with information about the radio biz, which is mostly missing from this chart.
3. Destroying the state by making kids hate capitalism and encouraging Obama to rule by Executive Order. This is such an idiotic, blatant lie that you’d have to be high on something to even say it. The king of Executive Orders is George W. Bush, who wrote them by the hundreds.
OK here’s the score on Executive Orders. Bush wrote 291 in 8 years, which is an average of 36 per year. Obama has written 65 in 2 years, for an average of 32 per year. But it’s not only the number of executive orders, it’s the content of them. Bush wrote executive orders that nullified federal law and the Constitution. He wrote signing statements that stated that he was planning to violate or would not be held accountable for violation of the very law he was signing. Now that’s wielding executive power. Obama’s idea of executive overreach is to tell the Justice Department to leave Bush alone, or ask the GOP members of Congress if it’s OK that they agree on something now and then.
For a fascinating look at what both men have been doing (or have done) with Executive Orders, visit the National Archives. Each Executive Order is cataloged by subject and the full text of each one is there. Some of it is trivial stuff; some not so much. The easiest way to get there is through Google; use the search phrase “
4. Provoke an election crisis by seeding the system with Secretaries of State who will try to disrupt elections in the future, that is, assuming they get elected or appointed. LOL, Glenn Beck’s career was saved by Florida Secretary of State Katheryn Harris who did the chicken dance as a night club singer and threw the 2000 election to George W. Bush. Does Beck really believe that someone is plotting to make this happen again and again? How far would a cadre of Soros-appointed Secretaries of State get against the Roberts Supreme Court? Funny stuff. Further, this plan relies on voter fraud, a favorite white-man GOPER whipping boy. There is no voter fraud problem. No GOPER has ever proven that there is, if you know of a single court case in the last 30 years that doesn’t involve Ann Coulter, please let us know.
5. Seize power. I am not exactly sure how they do this one. I think they get Mitch McConnell, Jim DeMint, Eric Cantor, Steve King, Chuck Grassley, Rand Paul, Michelle Bachmann, and all of the rest of the GOP Becktards that control half of our Legislative Branch to sign a paper that says
We’re never going to vote ‘no’ again, in fact we’re all going to be socialists and bow down to Hungarian Bazillionaire George Soros. Further, there won’t be an endless stream of motions from the floor to impeach Barack Obama over the ‘birth certificate’. We PROMISE.
This is what Beck has been screaming about for the last 6 months? That he’s going to “expose” Soros? Sweet Baby Jesus. Even the most serious Beck fans have to be wondering what the hell is rattling around in his goofy skull. How the hell is any of this stuff even remotely related to a practical plan to turn the US government over to the “socialists” and “Progressives”?
You know, I’ve been watching Beck for a year now, but this has GOT to be the most off-the-wall scrambling to save his ratings that I’ve ever heard. It’s obvious that his demonizing “progressives” wasn’t working.; Too vague. Nobody really knows what that means, and he keeps talking about dead people from 100 years back and nobody really knows history, especially Beck. So why not shift the focus of blame to something more immediate, like, say, George Soros? Beck says that Soros helped put Jews in the gas chambers! Wow. I guess all the Jews should love Glenn Beck for revealing that!
I keep saying this… each new twist is crazier than the last one. Beck is a dead issue, he’s just not aware of it yet.
The Beckapalooza Show went and stepped in it this time. It turns out that instead of the Jews being happy about him exposing Soros as part of the gas chamber plot during WWII (when he was 14 years old), they’re furious about it. No matzo ball parties for you, Glennie. Instead, the Anti-Defamation League is condemning Beck for his made up bullshit. It’s time that he got called out for what he is… an abject liar on the way out who is scrambling to make his ratings card.
Beck and O’Reilly Talk Up Glenn’s Theory About the Destruction of America by George Soros Et. Al.
If you have any sensitivity to the smell of freshly-excreted cow flop, I recommend you do not watch the following. Also, do not watch this if you are high on nitrous oxide. See comments below.
At :16 Bill calls Beck “the G man” (implying what… FBI?) and also refers to Soros as a “radical left guy”. No, Bill, Soros is a socialist. You’re confused, you think all socialists are radical, because we believe in such far left ideas as 100% voting, health care fore everyone, public libraries, and NPR. (Ooo, scary!)
At :24 the camera pans to Beck who is sitting there with a grin/smirk that makes him appear like he needs a straitjacket.
:40 Bill wants to know what the “headline” is for anyone who might have missed the show (pfffffft!). Here’s Glenn’s response: “What you’re seeing happen, um, and what is coming between the inflation in the grocery stores and the gas pumps, um, the, um, organizations out in the streets, um , it’s a puppet show, it’s a puppet show, it is, it is orchestrated by George Soros. ”
Wait a minute. First of all, food prices have seen moderate increases in the last 6 months, still groceries are only 1.4% above the Consumer Price Index.
Fuel prices are up slightly, which is still within 25 cents per gallon of prices in May 2009. So what organizations are in the streets, exactly, and what are they protesting? OK, let’s hear Glenn explain how this is all being manipulated by George Soros.
To Bill O’s credit, he asks him the direct question at 1:08. ” So let’s take the prices first. So your theory is, that the rising prices, and the rise in food commodity prices is directly attributable to Mr. Soros.”
1:18 Glenn: “Oh yeah, ah, Mr. Soros, um, um, along with allies and, and, he’s created a shadow government which we outlined, um, and really, um, in, in, his own words, the shadow party is something that he did, the shadow party conventions back in 2000.” Not really, Glenn. The Shadow Party thing is based on a widely discredited book by Richard Poe which claims that millions of dollars of Democratic Party campaign contributions were siphoned off into George Soros’ pocket. It is totally absurd, totally undocumented, and just another outright lie.
1:30 Glenn: “… um, and so he and his allies believe there should be a New World Order.” Who was it that first used the phrase “New World Order”? Wasn’t that, hmmm, lemme think.; Hmmm,
Oh, yeah! That was George H. W. Bush, noted NEOCON, the natural enemy of socialists like George Soros, talking up how the world was going to be run by a puppet-like UN dominated by the US. Yeah, but now suddenly the New World Order people are socialists! Damn!
1:37 Glenn: This is an organization that George Soros has been putting together for years, in his own words…
1:50 O’Reilly: He’s got the Open Society Organization, and he’s got all this other business that he finances…
1:50 Glenn: Right. $500 million dollars to some of the most radical leftist organizations…
1:54 Bill O’Reilly: There’s no doubt, there’s no doubt.
1:55 Glenn: The guy who runs that “philanthropy” for him, and picks everybody, was the creator of SDS.
OK, stop stop stop. Glenn, I’m calling bullshit on you until you name names and detail exactly what part they had in the original Weather Underground and what their job description, budget, and organizational branch is like. Saying that somebody used to do this or that is bullshit unless you can prove it and explain it. Saying that he runs a $400 million philanthropy budget is absurd beyond belief. Anyone? Do you know how much money that is for one person to administer?
Glenn and Billo articulate another spew of RWNJ platitudes, mainly about how the socialists are so rich (hey, I could use a few $ over here) and how they want to destroy the US government. One question, sirs: Since the John Birch Society is dead and gone, radicals like Cleon Skousen and Ezra Taft Benson, former Mormon nutters, again dead, discredited. Why has the supposedly powerful progressive New-World-Order-expousing left wing been unable to turn this into a bigger version of Cuba? Why is it that the right wing nuts have been proliferating like rats and getting more and more radical every generation?
It’s because the left-wing conspiracy theory is just Mormon mythology. It’s used to scare people into hating social justice, unions, state institutions, of course, into line. If you step out of line as a Mormon, you’re done.
More on this later. I will try to get through another minute of this tape tomorrow. Good gawd it gets ugly.
Thanks to Jon Stewart
we have a complete explanation of the attack on Soros. Glenn Beck is actually working for Soros. His mission is to destroy Fox News through Glenn Beck.
This all makes perfect sense if you think about it.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon -- Thurs 11p / 10c|
|The Manchurian Lunatic|