The Glenn Beck Report

Deconstructing Glenn Beck Lies

Glenn Beck Ratings Fall, FAIL

with 18 comments

The weepy Weeble might have something to really cry about according to the ratings chart worked up by TVByTheNumbers.

Glenn has driven himself over the edge

You can drive other people crazy, Glenn, but stay away from the edge of the cliff

Beck has literally gone off the cliff by media standards, plummeting 24% compared to his viewership in October 2009. Put this into perspective. Here’s the man who is trying to claim the crown of the most influential political commentator in American media, and he loses 24% of his audience in the month before the 2010 mid-term elections. Holy Mormon Juice, Batboy, WTF is up with THAT?

In the important 25-54 demographic, the money pot for cable news, Beck did even worse. His ratings dropped 28% for that demographic in the same comparative months. That’s approaching 1/3 of his audience, for those of you who think better in fractions.

So far I haven’t read any theories on why the creepy little goofball would be plummeting like cow flop, but I will stick my neck out and offer a couple of explanations. First off, the man is OCD and ADD at the same time. The OCD makes his show a one-trick pony of crackpot conspiracy theories that haven’t panned out, haven’t got a shred of reality attached to them, and don’t either enlighten or entertain you. If you are constantly being scared, told that there is a meta-plan to imprison you and take away your money, and the only way you can fight it is to buy Beck’s dubious books and Goldline products, sooner or later this is going to drive some of the viewers away. Glenn, I hate to say it, but you’re going to need a new crisis to save your career.

The ADD part of it was evidenced by the 8-28 Rally, where Mormon Beck lined the stage with right wing nutjob preachers and tried to claim the title of grand Poobah of the unified movement to take back America by asserting religion. WTF? Glenn, I don’t think you’ve thought that one through very well. People might get dewey-eyed and huggy when they’re standing there on the Mall being told that God and Jesus and Moroni are all about what it’s all about. But the TeaBaggers whom Glenn organized behind the 9.12 Project (“Oh, let’s remember how we felt so patriotic and unified the day after 37oo people got killed by 19 towelhead terrorists”) have something else on their mind. The TeaBaggers want political blood, they want guns, retribution, revenge, and the end to fluoridation. They got thrown off the bus on 8-28 and actually blown off on 9.12. So there goes that. I was planning to write about that amazing ego of Beck to think he can just whip people up into a frenzy and then expect them to stay fired up for a year just at the mention of his name. It’s almost as if he’s starting to believe his own press. Reality Check for Glenn: a movement is something that you nurture, it takes stroking, supportive words, and most of all you can’t just IGNORE it a year after your first big rally (which you failed to attend, too). I think Obama just learned a lesson about that, didn’t he?

So, there you have it, my analysis of Glenn’s ratings FAIL. I can just hardly wait until the news comes out that he’s been having a homosexual affair with his radio producer for years. You know something like that is coming down the pike.

Update 11/9/10

There is plenty of speculation that due to Beck’s longstanding feuds with other staff (O’Reilly, Hannity, and probably everyone he comes into contact with), his poor ratings, and his lack of revenue due to the Beck Boycott, Rupert Murdoch might be coming to the realization that it’s time to cut Beck loose. At this time the rationale for keeping Beck in his time slot is not direct revenue; it’s because he attracts the pointy-headed freaks that will watch the shows following his show. If that keeps dropping, and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t, Beck is finished. It’s just a matter of time.

Written by admin(Wexler)

November 8th, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

18 Responses to 'Glenn Beck Ratings Fall, FAIL'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Glenn Beck Ratings Fall, FAIL'.

1. William Wexler

8 Nov 10 at 3:53 pm

2. I get the distinct impression Glenn is involved in something darker than a simple gay affair. What was it Bill Hicks once said “anyone that far to the right has some deep dark secrets.”

RazorgeistNo Gravatar

9 Nov 10 at 1:37 am

3. Government Study Reveals Fluoride’s Risks

Fluoride jeopardizes health – even at low levels deliberately added to public water supplies, according to data presented in a 2006 National Academy of Sciences’ National Research Council (NRC) report. Fluoride poses risks to the thyroid gland, diabetics, kidney patients, high water drinkers and others and can severely damage children’s teeth. (1) At least three panel members advise avoiding fluoridated water.

Panel members took several years to read, understand and discuss hundreds of studies about fluoride’s adverse health effects.
    Many fluoridationists mistakenly believe this report has nothing to do with water fluoridation at 1 ppm. However, it does according to several panel members.

NRC panel member Kathy Thiessen, PhD a former scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and now at the Center for Risk Analysis, SENES Oak Ridge, Inc., who has studied
    fluoride for the EPA, said the report showed ‘the potential is there’ that water fluoridation is unhealthy. As for the studies finding that
    higher levels damage children’s IQ, she said it’s possible water fluoridation levels may have a similar, albeit reduced effect… the
    research suggests ‘most people should minimize their fluoride intake’- which includes avoiding fluoridated water.”

“NAS panel member Robert Isaacson, PhD a distinguished professor of neurobehavioral science at the State University of New York in Binghamton, agreed, saying that the possible effects on endocrines and hormones from water-fluoridation are ‘something that I wouldn’t want to happen to me…,’” reports the Portland Tribune.

NAS panel member Hardy Limeback, DDS, PhD associate professor of dentistry and head of the preventive dentistry program at the
    University of Toronto writes, “In my opinion, the evidence that fluoridation is more harmful than beneficial is now overwhelming and policy makers who avoid thoroughly reviewing recent data before introducing new fluoridation schemes do so at risk of future litigation.”

NRC Committee Chairman John Doull, PhD (professor emeritus of pharmacology and toxicology, University of Kansas Medical Center) told Scientific American (1/08), “The thyroid changes do worry me.”

“What the [NRC] committee found is that we’ve gone with the status quo regarding fluoride … for too long… and now we need to take a fresh look,” Doull says, ” In the scientific community, people tend to think that its settled… But when we looked at the studies that have been done, we found that many of these questions are unsettled and we have much less information than we should, considering how long this [fluoridation] has been going on. I think that’s why fluoridation is still being challenged so many years after it began, In the face of ignorance, controversy is rampant.”

The World Health Organization says consuming 6 mg daily of fluoride could lead to crippling skeletal fluorosis. The concentration in water does not equal an individual’s dose. Fluoride in tea alone has been shown to create early and severe bone problems. Boiling water concentrates fluoride. And fluoride gets absorbed into your body every time you brush your teeth with fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride is in virtually all foods and beverages as listed by the USDA’s fluoride in foods database, including beer, soda and wine.

There is no dispute that too much fluoride damages teeth and bones. No one can say with certainty how much any individual has consumed in one day. Fluoride accumulates in bones and, over time, weakens them. Fluoride is neither a nutrient nor essential for healthy teeth. Therefore it is a drug. Water supplies should never be used to dispense drugs based on thirst – not need, health, size, weight, sex, or presence or absence of teeth.

for more info http://www.FluorideAction.Net

nyscofNo Gravatar

9 Nov 10 at 6:03 am

4. Hiya, Raz, long time…

You’re right, of course. First of all, I don’t think he ever quit using drugs. He can just afford to buy different ones now. This will come out eventually. Somebody ought to get a clip of his hair for drug testing. To Glenn Beck’s hairdresser: we will pay you for an untainted sample of Glenn Beck’s hair.

The reason I think it will be a homosexual scandal is that Beck is such a homophobe that it has to be transference. Plus, I got an email from a source who said he had credible information about Beck’s gay activities in high school. I told him that the best thing he could do with that would be to try to sell it to a tabloid; he has not contacted me back since. If he does, I will review it and perhaps put it up.

Nice to hear from you again,

Wexler

admin(Wexler)No Gravatar

9 Nov 10 at 6:41 am

5. nyscof….

Quack.

admin(Wexler)No Gravatar

9 Nov 10 at 6:41 am

6. Glenn has a long standing feud with O’Reilly??
    What feud?
    They tour together!!
    Holy moly, the world has just gone insane……

ElizabethMCNo Gravatar

17 Dec 10 at 3:37 pm

7. Business makes strange bedfellows. The Eagles toured together, too. Twice.

If you know anything about Beck, you know that he has an innate hatred of anyone who has higher ratings than he does. That’s why he tours with O’Reilly. Period.

O’Reilly is dragging Beck along on his tour to boost his audience. Period.

What, you think this means they love each other? Heheheh.

Too bad about the ratings drop, eh?

admin(Wexler)No Gravatar

18 Dec 10 at 7:00 am

8. Glenn and O’Reilly started touring when Glenn was the star. Maybe O’Reilly tried to hitch a ride on Glenn popularity.

To tell the truth, Glenn’s show has become very boring. I’m sure that accounts for the ratings drop. That doesn’t mean I, or the vast majority of his audience don’t still agree with his message.
    I really don’t know how he has the energy to put on a good tv show and a good radio program everyday.
    I just hope he saves his money, because if his tv show doesn’t pick up with interesting material, I’m gone…

ElizabethMCNo Gravatar

18 Dec 10 at 12:58 pm

9. So you buy into the unification of Christianity with Mormon cultism?

That’s what Glenn is all about these days; or maybe that’s the part of it that’s boring you.

Sorry he isn’t very entertaining, but he’s never been right about much of anything and is a pathological liar. He has been that all his life. He is totally ruthless, everything he does is a mercenary sham, none of it has any meaning to him other than what he can do to make an estimated $32 million a year.

If you are a true believer, I feel sorry for you because sooner or later you’re going to realize that and you will be horribly disappointed.

admin(Wexler)No Gravatar

18 Dec 10 at 1:20 pm

10. The unification of Christianity and Mormonism?
    I guess I missed that.

I give Glenn credit for inspiring people to take a stand for what they believe in..as in the tea party.
    I believe the tea party is a force that holds our representatives accountable for their actions and accountable to the constitution.
    That’s a good thing.

ElizabethMCNo Gravatar

18 Dec 10 at 1:55 pm

11. Just out of curiosity, what were you doing on August 28 this year?

admin(Wexler)No Gravatar

18 Dec 10 at 10:14 pm

12. And which drafting of the constitution would this be, exactly? The one where it was okay to tell black people, even if they were your legally elected commander in chief (unlike a certain president that was NOT elected by popular vote) that he’s a monkey and should go back where he came from? Which is… apparently not Hawaii? This whole “holding accountable” thing is ridiculous. The people spouting that BS line are the same exact people hating on Wikileaks. You don’t want honesty in government, you want dirt about the other side. And as you’ve proven time and time again, you don’t care whether or not that dirt is real.

-Quinlan

admin(Quinlan)No Gravatar

19 Dec 10 at 12:47 am

13. Well, I’m pretty sure it was hot. So I was probably sitting in the air conditioning at home. I might have been at the beach (cape cod).
    I’m not a birther.
    Bush was called many names and compared to Hitler and a monkey as well. It’s all disrespectful to the office.
    wiki leaks exposed stolen, classified information.
    Should you, or I, or Assange determine what information remains classified and what does not?
    Would it be improper to wish you a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah?

ElizabethMCNo Gravatar

19 Dec 10 at 7:41 am

14. Happy holidays works. And thanks, you too. I’m glad you included more than one in there, shows you’re not necessarily an extremist. So maybe we can deliberate civilly :) .

“Monkey” was applied to Bush because of his level of intelligence, and honestly just the way he looked. It was disrespectful and I never partook in any of it personally, but I never chided it either because a guy that breaks constitutional laws, starts 2 illegal wars killing thousands of innocents, and reacted the way he did to certain disasters deserves to be called a few names. I also think he should have been arrested, which is why Obama’s failure to do so frustrates me. However, when the term “monkey” is applied to a black person, it has an entirely different meaning. And what about all those Tea Party signs with Obama in African garb?

To be honest, I’m conflicted about Wikileaks and the morality/practicality of leaking certain documents, but that’s beside the point. The point is, it’s not about having accountability, for which Wikileaks is one of your best tools. It’s about dirt, true or false.

admin(Quinlan)No Gravatar

19 Dec 10 at 11:57 am

15. I am really enjoying this conversation and was thinking about wishing you happy holidays as well. Quinn and I are both atheists; since I have 2 Christian clergy in my family it always makes for an interesting time. I have nearly infinite patience with Christians who can contain their own enthusiasm to the point where they can keep from proselytizing me and/or attempting to infuse it into our government.

So, Elizabeth, with the previous disclaimers, I do sincerely wish you the best of the season. Thank you for visiting our website, and thank you for your interesting conversation, and agreeable disagreeing. I believe that we leftist socialists share many of the same goals for America with the Tea Party, the primary one being the continuance and prosperity of our nation and our people, and the secondary one being the sense of fairness in the balance power between government, business, and the people.

In 2008 we had signs for Nader, Paul, and Obama in our front yard, which might have seemed a bit strange to the casual observer. After working for the Obama campaign here, I realized that the Democrats did not actually have any intentions of fixing things, only continuation of the same-old. I started working for the Nader campaign, and then after realizing that the press has done everything they can to repress 3rd party candidates (up until the Tea Party, which was adopted by Fox after being co-opted by Dick Armey) I decided to put up a Ron Paul sign for fun.

I still think that Libertarian’s arguments can be eviscerated in about one or two carefully worded paragraphs, but they have a kinship with the Greens and Independents in that we are all shut out of the process by the corporation media and the Presidential Debate Commission which has replaced the League of Women Voters as the referees of the debates. What a sorry joke.

Well, I have to move along, I hope to see your comments again before the Christmas holiday but if not, cheers.

-Wexler

admin(Wexler)No Gravatar

19 Dec 10 at 12:15 pm

16. Quinlan,
    Bush may be perceived as unintelligent because he is very inarticulate. But it’s an interesting fact that Bush’s Yale cum average was a point higher than J.Kerry’s, the self proclaimed intellectual.
    The Iraq war is unfortunate. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Bush acted upon bad intel, which he did not influence. Based on the same info, Clinton, Schumer, Biden, Dodd, Kerry were among 29 senators who voted for this war..
    If tea party members were carrying racist Obama signs, they were the exception and not representative of the party. As I have heard over and over, those kinds of ‘members’ were told to leave as soon as discovered. The tea party is about small government and constitutional rights. They have gone on record to attest to that and to condemn racism.

Wexler,
    I repect Quinlan’s and your choice of atheism. As far as I see it, it is absolutely the character that counts.
    It’s been a good conversation. I agree our political system is flawed, but it’s still the best in the world, imo.
    Best wishes, Happy Holidays,
    Elizabeth

ElizabethMCNo Gravatar

19 Dec 10 at 1:59 pm

17. I’ll admit that there was bad intel leading to the war, leading to certain respected senators voting for it. This isn’t an excuse and it was still a terrible choice, but it existed nonetheless. But still, your argument about accountability falls flat. For over 5 years, all we heard out of the government was “WMD WMD WMD”. And guess how many we found? More recently leaked documents, which were of course seen by Bush and others, expressed explicitly the likelihood of WMD, which was near none. And what signs do I see at EVERY SINGLE Tea Party rally I attend? Pro-war signs, 100% of the time. Birther signs, 100% of the time. Racist signs, against either blacks, latinos, or Muslims about 50% of the time. Explicitly Christian, heathen excluding signs about 75% of the time. An EXCEPTION is when something is very unusual and not representative of a regular. When you can see these kinds of extremist and harmful views at any given rally, that’s not an exception, that’s a rule. Klansmen might not make up your entire group, but if they’re attracted to your group then you know you have some problems. Mark Williams was a HEAD of the group.

And for the record, people don’t seem to even understand what constitutional rights they do and don’t have. You can’t have an unregistered gun in public, and this is not a Christian nation. People just want to express anger, and this is a great way to do it. Almost all Teabaggers I’ve talked with don’t even understand Obamacare – “don’t take away my Medicare to support socialized medicine”. Minimization of government comes with ANARCHY, maximization of government would likely do the same to rights. And when people campaign to shoot aliens and make innuendo about shooting the president, I call that leaning towards anarchy.

Anyway, back to Bush, apparently Yale can’t help with holding a book upside-down while reading to kids. It can’t help with the common sense to abandon a few kids and get to attending your nation which has just suffered a brutal loss of thousands of innocents. It can’t help with “nucular” or “gynecologists practicing their love with women”.

-Quinlan

admin(Quinlan)No Gravatar

20 Dec 10 at 3:23 am

18. Have to agree with Elizaberh MC above; Everyone made a big deal of Beck when it was beneficial for them to do so; that said, Beck’s program is now an interview an accomplished guest that proves his point of success. It’s fine that he yells his warnings, but you’re either oriented that way or not.

I just wished he didn’t just spend so much time on interviewing his great American list or plow some new investigative ground. That’s more work, but his preachy stuff is done be others, that are better at that genre.

whitneymuseNo Gravatar